Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Who knew...

Hello Again,

Holy cow people! Can you believe that it has been almost 2 months since my last post! Who ever thought that having a baby would consume all of my time. LOL!

We have had so much happen in the past 2 months. Let me start from where I left off.

My sister’s son Louis turned three and we went to Minnesota to celebrate his third birthday in August. Yes we decided to do the normally four hour and fifteen minuet drive to Minnesota in 5 hours and 30 minuets. We quickly learned that when you do a trip with a 1 month old you leave on their schedule not yours. We made it to Seymour (about 18 miles from our house) and Ellie decided that riding in the car was not going to be her bag of tea that day. So it was a very long trip to Minnesota. Once we got there we had so much fun. My sister and her husband had just moved into a new house so we tried the best we could to help them get ready for Louis’s big birthday party. It was so much fun! I can’t believe that he is three.
Louis at 3
Next we celebrated Ellie’s Baptism and two month birthday. I was so excited to have Ellie baptized and become a member of God’s wonderful kingdom. The day of her baptism was the first day that Ellie smiled in response. It was as if she new that, that day was her special day. She did amazing! Eric, Pastor Walt, Ellie, and Monica
Ellie at 2 months
Labor Day weekend we also were blessed to celebrate the marriage of our good friends Josh and Julie Burmeister. They had such a wonderful day. The sun was shinning and everything went off perfectly. Julie looked so beautiful in her dress! It was our first wedding since Eric and I got married and it really brought back some wonderful memories. Eric while in his tux definitely made it known that he was a new daddy and loved showing off his little girl. Uncle Dennis (Ellie's Godfather) also loved showing Ellie off. The minuet he saw her he was kissing her up. Eric and Ellie all dressed for the wedding

After the wedding we went to Madison to watch the Badgers play San Jose with my parents. Ellie was lucky to spend the whole day with her Aunt Ashley and Uncle John. We are so lucky to have relatives that live close to Madison that we are able to take Ellie with us while we hang out in Bucky territory.
Eric and I at the game

Ellie Also got to go to a couple of her first football games to see my very great friend Lisa’s son Joey play on the Kimberly JV football team. It is crazy to see Joey so grown up and playing football. He’s really good too. Ellie loves the games. There is always so much for her to see.

Ellie and Joey

As you can see we have had a very busy two months! In the next month we are plenty busy again. Eric and I celebrate our first anniversary. I go back to work after a nice 11 weeks off. Ellie starts daycare. Eric turns 30 I turn 26 and so much more. I will post again soon so stay tuned!

Lots of love,
The Burts

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your new posts SO much every month! I cannot believe little Ellie is 2 months old and we still have yet to see her!

    Hopefully we will see you all soon, in the mean time- take care and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on all your events. Peg sent pictures of the baptism and the Badger game. The family picture is great. Moni, you radiate as a mom! I love the picture of Eric and Ellie--you are blessed. Love you guys!!!
    Aunt Linda

    ReplyDelete